The Golden Rule: Server and infrastructure cabinets and must be protected from unauthorised access.
This is how modern access control works today: Not only common sense tells you this, but also the relevant standards for data centres, like the EU-GDPR: Server and infrastructure racks must be secured against unauthorised access.
The purely mechanical securing of racks is not enough here, because the following essential requirements from practice must be taken into account:
- 24/7 online management of the system and access authorisations
- Simple, central management of central and distributed infrastructures
- Complete documentation of who, when, where and why access was granted
- Real-time overview of the locking and locking status of all doors, including alarms
- Open and scalable platform for future-proof integration into systems of any kind
- Resource-saving and simple installation and operation
In this free webcast, our CSO Jan Sanders will show you how these points are implemented with our new IP rack handle RA4 in combination with the Kentix SmartPDU!